Thursday, July 5, 2012

Updated pics of our new home!

Here are the pictures of our home after we painted and changed some of the downstairs flooring. This blue color did not turn out how I was hoping. I wanted a blue-grey (more grey than blue). That didn't happen. But I don't mind it as much, now that we have furniture in it. We plan on painting the stair-rails white eventually (among many projects!). 

Formal dining room/sitting room

We took out the tile by the front door and added laminate all the way to the back of the house


We had the laminate make a trail go to the bathroom. We didn't want wet bodies crossing over the carpet to get to the bathroom, so this way, there is a nice path to get there. Behind the couch is a little play area with a few of Sienna's toys. This is the one room we had to re-carpet because the other carpet was in BAD condition. I look forward to one day replacing the carpet in rest of the house. This carpet is so clean and pretty!

TV nook area

The kitchen looks much nicer with beige walls! I did not like that maroon color. We also had the tile flooring removed and used the laminate in here as well. We love it. We are planning on painting the cabinets and I can't wait until we do. Because the counters are white tile, we can't paint them white (which would be my first choice). So I think we're going to be crazy and paint them a color. We're thinking a green that is similar to the cabinet against the back wall in the picture above. We'll see...we're looking into our options! I'm also on the hunt for a white round pedestal table to go in the kitchen. I'm on craigslist daily trying to find something cheap!

Now onto the upstairs:

Upstairs bathroom-we didn't paint or do anything to this room-yay!!

This was the pink/yellow room with Winnie the Pooh wall paper remnants...and the blue ceiling with clouds. Wow. What a combination. Now it is a green color that I am not a huge fan of. This green was also not the color I had planned. I wanted a light sage green and so I grabbed the can (or so I thought) that was the color of Sienna's room in our old house and I gave it to the painter. I didn't even look inside it. I saw the green on the outside, and since we didn't have any other green walls, I figured it was the correct one. WRONG. I came home to a much darker green room. I don't love it. I may need to change it in the future...(sorry Garth!). We'll see.


Guest room (previous Bratz doll room). What a difference paint makes! No more purple and pink.

Notice the left over purple fan blades? We still need to change those out! 
Sienna's room (I haven't put anything on the walls, so it is very boring). It is a beautiful light aqua color-which you can't really tell in these pics). I love the color in this room-finally!



The loft/playroom. This was white, but we painted it a nice, warm beige.  

This is the nook that we eventually want to build a desk into. Right now it stores our printer, my craft supplies, and Sienna's "coloring box." That is our last box from moving and she loves coloring all over it and in it. Cheap fun!


Master bedroom (also not the blue color I was hoping for. I wanted the same blue-grey as downstairs. I tried 5 samples of blues! I don't get why it's so hard to find! Don't ever come to me asking for help with paint colors!




There it is! We are loving our new home and can't wait for our many, many, many memories that will be created here.

2 comments:

Solange, Nik, Caitlin and Oliver said...

I think it all looks great!!!

The Holguins said...

Looking Good! I hope you had a fun 4th in your new house!!