Thursday, September 9, 2010

Welcome Sienna Grace


It's been one week since Sienna has entered our lives and we are completely in love with her. We already can't imagine life without her. We stare at her constantly, we hug and kiss her non-stop, and we think every facial expression, every noise, and every unintended smile are just amazing!

Sienna was a timely girl, born on her due date-Sept. 2, 2010. The day before she was born (Wed., Sept.1st), we had a doctor appointment and since I was still at 4cm, 90 effaced, the doctor asked if we wanted to wait around for her to come on her own time or if we wanted to be induced. I was ready to be induced and to meet our little pink bundle! So she scheduled us to be induced on Thurs. morning at 6am. As we were leaving the doctor's office, Garth looked at me and said, "Now I bet you'll go into labor tonight, you just watch."

Low and behold, that night we were at my parents having dinner and I started having contractions. They weren't too bad, but some were pretty uncomfortable. They started to be more regular, but I could still talk through them and continue what I was doing, so I thought they were just false labor contractions. It felt more like cramps than anything else.

We went home around 9:30ish and by 11 I was having real contractions. Now I know what they feel like!! Wow did they hurt! I couldn't talk, couldn't walk, and they made me want to throw up at every contraction. We started timing them and at 12:30 we ended up going to the hospital where they admitted me. Garth was right!

After a few hours of experiencing contractions, I ended up getting an epidural, which was the best decision I made. My doctor broke my water the next morning around 7:30 and at 11:54 am, Sienna Grace Gipson entered the world. She was 7 lbs. 10 oz., 19 inches long.

She is the most beautiful baby girl and we feel so blessed that God brought her into our lives.

A few minutes after Sienna was born. She was so alert!

Our new family!
Beautiful girl

With her daddy after her first sponge bath at home

cuddling with mommy

first car ride home-she's so itty bitty in that car seat

Continue to check back for updates on our new precious little girl!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is adorable. I can't wait to meet her.

Solange, Nik, Caitlin and Oliver said...

She is beautiful! We can't wait to meet her and read more about your new adventure. Parenthood truly is a precious gift that fills your life with so much joy you feel like you could burst! Congratulations!!!!