Last Tuesday, Sienna told me that she didn't want to wear diapers anymore. She wanted to wear panties like her friend. Then she went on to list all her friends and cousins who wear big girl or big boy underwear. Garth and I have been trying to get her interested in the potty for some time now and sometimes she seemed excited about it, but for the most part, she wasn't interested at all. So I figured I'd really work on it this summer, when she could run around naked in the house. But Tuesday, she took me by surprise! I wanted to believe her, but deep inside I thought it wouldn't last. Much to my surprise, she totally stuck with it and hasn't gone back to diapers (except for nap and bedtime)!!!!! And she hasn't had an accident since last Wednesday!! Amazing! She loves her panties and she loves to pick out a pair each morning.
Several people told me to wait until she was ready, and even though we never pushed her, we really tried to encourage her. But, like my friends and family said, she had to be ready and want to do it on her own. It made it WAY easier when it was her decision. She now tells me when she needs to go and can do it all by herself!! Woo-hoo!! It is soooo much nicer changing only one set of diapers.
I am SO proud of my big girl! Love her so much!
Monday, April 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Awesome! glad to know it didn't happen right at 2, we are at that point with E. She tells us when she goes, and wants to wear panties, but isn't telling us before she goes. Hopefully she will come around! Good job mommy!
Congratulations! What an accomplishment! Good job Sienna!
Woohooo!!! Great job Sienna!
Post a Comment