From this:
September 2, 2010
to this:
September 2, 2011
Well ladies and gentlemen, it's official. Sienna Grace is 1. I don't know how it happened so quickly, but it did. She is our precious 1 year old and we have never been so in love ( I know, I know, I sound like a broken record! What can I say? It's true!!). She continues to keep us busy by chasing her around the house. She is crawling everywhere, pulling herself up, and cruising all around. Sienna's not quite a walker yet-but I am fine with that. Once she does that, she'll be all over the place. She loves eating and trying to make us laugh. She loves giving hugs and kisses to Garth and I, as well as all of her toys-even an empty box. She is incredibly loving and sweet.
The morning of Sienna's 1st birthday party was very special to us. Knowing we were going to have all of our family in town, we were able to arrange to have Sienna dedicated at church on that same day. It was a special time for us and it was a beautiful moment, surrounded by our amazing family.
Garth shared with the church why it was important to us to have Sienna dedicated and then he read the verse we picked out for her.
"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love. He will rejoice over you with singing." -Zephaniah 3:17
After church, we had a small birthday party for Sienna at our house with a lot of family and a few friends. It was a blast!! We had a swim party and the weather was hot and toasty-perfect for swimming! Sienna did perfect. She was still asleep when some of the guests got here and was a trooper the whole time. She wasn't fussy and enjoyed splashing in the pool with daddy.
I made a lot of pennants for her birthday party. This was pennant showed a picture of her from 1 month to 12 months. I think it turned out great :)
The pool area and the other pennants I made
The food area and my amazing nephew who helped me set it up!! He took a break to snack on some chips and salsa.
Momma and the birthday girl- who just woke up from her nap

Sienna wondering why there are a bunch of people in her backyard after she woke up from her nap

How beautiful are these ladies?? Grandma and Nana hanging out by the pool.
Daddy and Sienna blowing bubbles
Sienna's cake-made by mommy

When it came time to eat the cake, Sienna was not too thrilled. I think having everyone staring at her and singing Happy Birthday freaked her out a bit.
Here's when she's looking at me with great concern. Moments after, she was in my arms crying. She wanted nothing to do with the cake at all. We tried having her take bites. Nope. We took a bite, trying to convince her how yummy it was. Nope. She finally saw her cousin eating a cupcake and wanted his. So he generously gave Sienna his cupcake and she ate some of it.

Here she is eating some of Kimu's cupcake. She mainly ate the frosting. We were breaking off pieces of her cake to eat-she didn't do that. As our friend Dena said, "this is probably the only time you'll ever be trying to force her to take a bite of cake!" So true. Come on Sienna, not even funfetti cake??

Here are some of my girlfriends and their kids at the end of a perfect afternoon.
Such a special day to celebrate a VERY special baby girl.


2 comments:
Oh Vanessa - Congratulations! I can't believe your baby girl is 1!!! :)
What a beautiful day! SOOO sad I missed it!
Post a Comment