Tuesday, March 22, 2011

good times with solids

I've had a few friends ask me how solids have been going with Sienna.

This is how they're going...





We've tried:
-rice cereal
-rice cereal with sweet potato
-baby oatmeal (I think it tastes WAY better than rice cereal)
-sweet potato
-sweet peas

No luck so far. She keeps her lips tight and turns her head back and forth avoiding the spoon. She ends up eating several bites, but it's not without some major coaxing and tricking on our behalf (making her smile and sneaking in a spoonful without her noticing!). We're so mean, huh?

My dad laughs and says this is payback (because I was a very picky eater). But I'm hoping she comes around to this eating thing really soon. We'll see...

4 comments:

Solange, Nik, Caitlin and Oliver said...

I'm glad you tried the oatmeal :) She'll come around soon. Once you start on fruit she'll be all over it! Those are really cute pictures too.

Jenny and Evan said...

oh Sienna! So many new textures and tastes. She will adjust. Even her little angry face is perfect, I love her.

Heather Wood said...

:) I love what Jenny wrote. She's so right. Even her angry face is pure adorable. I hope she gets the hang of it soon.

Briana said...

Angry baby face and food face!
A magical combo. <3