This Saturday was so precious and special to Garth and I. We got to find out what we're having...a girl!! We wanted to make it special, so we came up with a fun idea. Our ultrasound was 2 days earlier, on Thursday, and so we had the technician put the sex in an envelope and we gave it to a friend of mine at work. My co-worker makes beautiful (and delicious) cakes, so I gave her the envelope. She was the only one that knew our little secret! She made an adorable cake that looked like a baby block and she was going to dye the inside blue if it was a boy or pink if it was a girl. Our families all came into town and some of our closest friends came to join in the fun. We are so blessed to have such love and support!
We were all so anxious to know what color was inside that cake! After yummy breakfast burritos and some hanging out, we all gathered together in the dining room. We put the cake on a pedestal and when everyone was looking, Garth cut the cake to reveal PINK! I was
completely shocked! I really thought it was a boy. If you look at our poll, I was the one and
only one to vote "boy." I wish I had seen a picture of my face when he cut it, because everyone said it was hilarious because I was so shocked. I didn't care what we had, but for some reason, I was pretty sure it would be blue...I was wrong! But we are so excited and we can't believe that
we are going to have a little girl. It was such a fun way to share that exciting moment. We were amongst our family and friends and we wouldn't have changed that for anything. It was a blast!
I realized later that I never gave my camera to anyone, so I don't have any pictures other than a couple from my sister-in-law (thank you Heather!). So once I get some more, I'll post them. I also have a video that I'll try to post once I get it.
baby block cake made by Deborah Petty!

about to cut the cake
the only picture of the two of us that I've received. I'll put up a better one when I get one!
Garth cutting into the PINK cake
IT'S A GIRL!!!
The technician also gave us a picture to prove that it's a girl and we had that in a separate envelope. We opened that later and it's definitely a girl! So fun!!

4 comments:
Hooray!!!
Simply stated, we love you guys and can't wait to meet HER!
Exciting indeed! Congratulations!
I am so excited that you are having a baby girl! Our little girls will be so close in age. Congratulations to you and Garth.
What a fun way to find out!!! You are patient! Not sure that I could wait two more days for the answer...then wait for after breakfast! Worth the wait, I'm sure :) So excited for you!
Post a Comment