Wednesday, March 10, 2010

No such thing as morning sickness


14 weeks along

At our last appointment a couple weeks ago we got to hear the heart beat! It was amazing to hear the little beating of our baby's heart. It was so exciting!! I just wish we could see the baby again. I want another ultrasound so bad to see how much the baby has grown and to see it moving around. When we were listening to the heartbeat, we kept hearing a ton of swishing noises and the doctor said that the baby was super active and moving all around.

So I'm officially at 15 weeks, definitely showing (last week I had a stranger ask how far along I was for the first time) and the morning sickness has only gotten worse!! I thought it would be over by now, but the puking and nausea are hitting harder than ever this week :(. I'm hoping it will come to an end soon. It makes work pretty miserable. You know it's bad when you have an 8 year old tell you that you look really pale. I've tried a lot of things so far and nothing is consistent. The doctor gave me another prescription and wants me to stop taking my prenatal vitamins for a while to see if that helps. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works! We'll see.

I have had people ask if I am having any cravings and the answer is no. No cravings whatsoever. What I am having, however, is major food aversion. I can't eat most meats (I miss chicken and beef-oh how I wish I could have a hamburger), and some salads even gross me out. I like plain, simple foods right now.

I don't love my all-day-sickness, but I love my growing belly, and the fact that in 6 months I'm going to be a mommy! That is what keeps me going!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great Vanessa! Keep the updates coming. Sorry to hear the morning sickness has been so bad, hopefully it will be over soon and you can just Enjoy the pregnancy! Miss you guys! -Keith & Michelle

Solange, Nik, Caitlin and Oliver said...

You look so great! I love the baby belly! I hope that taking the prenatal vitamins will help you out-there are many different kinds so your doctor will just prescribe you another one and you'll be good to go! Feeling nauseous is horrible so I hope that goes away super quickly and you can better enjoy this pregnancy :) We hope to see you guys soon!
Lots of love!

Stephanie said...

You look so good! Hope the morning sickness subsides soon!

Jenny and Evan said...

sassy mama! i love that little baby in there and can not wait until September!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your lovely baby bump! It's fabulous. <3